< Back to Jobs
Senior Managing Engineer.
Job Location: Midlands
Job ID: 15225
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 17 March 2021
Senior Managing Engineer
Hours of work
37.5 hours each week
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Service and Compliance
The purpose of the role is to…
The purpose of the role is to ensure quality refrigeration reactive & Proactive works are being carried out, and in line with the client’s SOPs and key performance indicators.
- Ensure the engineering teams are always working safely.
- Build a safe working culture amongst the teams.
- Improve the efficiency of the refrigeration equipment.
- Work within financial budgets.
- Support the engineering teams in the field.
- Ensuring a solution is always found.
What you’ll be doing…
- Ensuring that the delivery teams operate at all times in accordance with current Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Proactively operate each contract and relationship to meet the requirements and objectives of the client and our business.
- Manage the usage of refrigerant to ensure that all targets are achieved.
- Manage store conditions or predictive work orders to demonstrate ongoing reduction in reactive demand.
- Support all store handover meetings post capital investment.
- Review all internal MI reports and action accordingly.
- Carry out store condition audits pre-and post-major PPM in high calling stores.
- Ensure all monthly PPM completion targets are achieved.
- Review and action all exceptions detailed in the store condition / predictive and pack status management information.
- Perform and document monthly on-site quality audits of completed PPM activity.
- Perform and document monthly on-site quality audits of completed Case Maintenance activity.
- Demonstrating clear and concise communication on all levels internally and externally.
- Responsible for the quality of each contract by ensuring all practices and participants conform to agreed standards and processes.
- Delivers success against Key Performance Indicators through effective management of the engineering teams.
- Proactively manages the operational delivery of each contract in partnership with the customer and manages the relationship within the Business and Client as required.
- Manage annual leave allocation to ensure optimum resource levels are maintained at all times, with specific reference to clients peak trading periods.
- Monitor and manage engineering productivity.
What success looks like…
- Achieving objectives
- Completing work to a high standard
- Recognition awards
- Career development and progression
- Building strong working relationships with colleagues
We’d love to meet someone with…
- Proven knowledge of the refrigeration engineering services sector and the changing expectations of our clients.
- Proven knowledge of trans and sub critical CO2 refrigeration systems in addition to conventional applications
- Ability to root cause and resolve issues in high and repeat calling stores.
- Technically competent with all refrigeration plant, controls and associated networks.
- Ability to engineer technical solutions and implement as required.
- Fully understand technical requirements needed to manage a multidisciplinary team.
- Fully aware of F-Gas regulations and hold a current Cat 1 F-Gas Certificate.
- Ability to identify on going, non-resolved issues via MI data.
- Builds an effective partnership with appropriate people both internally and externally.
- Is customer orientated and skilled in understanding their business objectives, working environment.
- Is skilled in determining the most appropriate course of action based on management information and logical assumptions reflecting factual information.
- A values driven approach – it’s not just what we do, but how we do it that’s important at Space. We’re Here for Each Other, Here for our Customers and Here for What Matters.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, and all of our employees 22 days holiday, rising incrementally to 25, plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover of 2x salary, Employee Assistance Programme, Discount scheme including Gyms, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Who are we?
Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce and are opposed to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
< Back to Jobs