|Reports to||Design Director|
|Hours of work||37.5 hours each week|
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
|Location||Ipswich Office – National Coverage|
|Vehicle ||Company car or cash allowance|
The purpose of the role is to…
Work within a multi-disciplined design department and wider business development team, you will co-ordinate with both the internal and external teams to help deliver and support new sales enquiries for industrial and commercial refrigeration systems for clients within the food retail and processing industry.
Communicate effectively with other functions across the entire business thus ensuring that the customer’s expectations are met.
What you’ll be doing…
- Business development, identifying opportunities to increase revenue and margins.
- Coordinating with the sales team to pursue the development opportunities.
- Owner for tenders relating to a range of different customers in commercial and industrial refrigeration systems.
- Proactively manage the tendering process.
- Developing enquiries, key point of contact for all matters internally and externally from a range of different customers, to provide sales proposals.
- Site surveys and inspections of installations to include the provision of detailed proposals for presentation to the client.
- Design of variable load systems operating on HFC, HFC/HFO Blends and Natural refrigerants, with differing technologies dependent on client’s specifications.
- Understanding the requirements of installations and providing proposals that meet the client’s business needs in cooperation with project teams.
- Developing cost and sales documentation and costings for different enquiries
- Full documentation of design and co-ordination with CAD and Admin teams to provide working drawings and final site manuals.
- Equipment selections to include plant, evaporators, display cases, interconnecting pipe-work, communication networks and leak detection.
- Technical support, guidance and training within company, contractor and Client base.
- Represent Space Engineering Services / Orwell Design Associates, attending meetings and taking part in technical discussions and site reviews, with contractors, suppliers and clients.
- Producing and assisting with specifications and technical issues.
- Working as part of a team, provide support, sharing knowledge and mentoring.
- Ownership of all financial aspects of the tendering / sales process
- Ensuring compliance with technical, contractual, legal & health & safety standards
- Provide leadership of the function for all stakeholders including customers and staff.
- Maintain a strong awareness of best practice, regulatory requirements.
- Plant selection and sizing in line with specifications/schedules
- Attend meetings as part of a team and individually to ascertain clients’ requirements
- Attend project / site meetings.
- Carry out site surveys.
- Proactively champion safe working at all times.
What success looks like…
- A good understanding of the company’s products & services.
- Working with the wider team / departments to understand the needs and detail of each department.
- Managing the relationship with key stakeholders within the business as well as with subcontractors and customers.
- Taking an active role in customer forums.
- Working with others at a similar level within the business to ensure the business objectives are met and wherever possible surpassed.
- Understanding and supporting of the company objectives and vision.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- The ability to identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are provided, together with the ability to evaluate, organise and prioritise workload.
- Working knowledge of current industry legislation and guidelines including EN378, Pressure Equipment Directive and F gas regulations.
- Commercial awareness
- You will ideally possess several year’s relevant experience within the refrigeration industry in either a technical or project management role.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels to both colleagues and the customer.
- Have a full current driving licence and be willing to travel to sites for surveys and meetings within the United Kingdom and Europe. Travel may include time away from home.
- Excellent attitude and approach to work.
- Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Relevant industry qualifications will be a minimum requirement for this role, although relevant experience will also be taken into consideration.
- Good level of education, to include Maths and English. Further education qualifications preferable.
- Senior level Design experience
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, along with a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence people and form alliances quickly.
- The ability to work and manage their time individually as well as be an effective team player.
- A professional and pro-active approach to their work, always demonstrating initiative.
- The ability to adapt to conflicting demands along with being deadline focused.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- A values driven approach – it’s not just what we do, but how we do it that’s important at Space. We’re Here for Each Other, Here for our Customers and Here for What Matters.
This job description provides an outline of the expected activities, duties and responsibilities and is not regarded as exclusive as day-to-day work priorities will undoubtedly provide variations.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, and all of our employees 22 days holiday, rising incrementally to 25, plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover of 2x salary, Employee Assistance Programme, Discount scheme including Gyms, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Who are we?
Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce and are opposed to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
< Back to Jobs