< Back to Jobs
Job Location: Milton Keynes / Bedford
Job ID: 16239
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 21 April 2021
Senior Managing Engineer
Hours of work
48hours per week - Referenced over a 17-week period. Working a shift pattern as appropriate for the area- to be confirmed at interview.
Amazon - ZOH
Field based – Lancashire area
The purpose of the role is to travel to an attend customer sites to….
- Complete planned maintenance to a high standard to ensure the equipment installed,
- continues to operate when required, minimises breakdown and down-time
- is safe to operate and that any safety critical items are fully operational
- have up to date clear and concise maintenance records
- Complete emergency reactive calls that are logged, to a high standard which assists us to achieve our 95% first time fix aspirations.
- Complete site surveys as and when requested by the client our business.
- Act as a company representative to ensure our beliefs and standards are adhered to.
What you’ll be doing…
- Collection and fitting of parts as directed by the Senior Managing Engineer / Operations Manager.
- Diagnosing and fixing equipment breakdowns.
- Planned PPM.
- Carrying out calls as allocated by Service Control.
- Updating service records and timekeeping information in an accurate and timely way.
- Updating client reporting systems in an accurate and timely way.
- Working safely in line with health and safety procedures.
- Be part of a standby rota as requested to ensure that the company can provide adequate emergency cover to our Retail clients at all times.
What success looks like…
- A fundamental member of a multi-discipline team, who deliver safe reactive and proactive maintenance to a very high standard on a number of contracts.
- Working with your line manager to achieve the contract goals and KPI’s.
- Working with your team to ensure that all members of the team deliver to the highest standard possible.
- Positive working relationships with stakeholders, keeping the client updated on the progress of the work and the likely repair times.
- Working in line with our H&S standards and processes.
- Meeting H&S and Quality targets.
- Working in line with other business standards, policies and procedures, including People & Development, Fleet, Stock etc.
- Accurate use of IT systems, both for Space Engineering and customers as required, ensuring timely, relevant and accurate information is available.
- Positive driving habits, as captured and required through our Fleet Management Tools.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- A suitably qualified HVAC discipline - AC desirable.
- Experience of working on a broad range of small & medium sized AHU, Fan Coils and Pumps. Fully conversant with all commercial burners/boilers, roof package direct fired units and associated in-line equipment including control wiring.
- Excellent Fault-Finding and Repair skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- A solid understanding of administration procedures.
- Excellent attitude and approach to work.
- Motivation, enthusiasm and independence.
- An ability to be open, honest and be able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- A values driven approach – it’s not just what we do, but how we do it that’s important at Space. We’re Here for Each Other, Here for our Customers and Here for What Matters.
What's in it for you?
We offer all of our employees 22 days holiday, rising incrementally to 25, plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover of 2x salary, Employee Assistance Programme, Discount scheme including Gyms, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Who are we?
Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce and are opposed to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
< Back to Jobs