< Back to Jobs
Industrial Refrigeration Engineer .
Job Location: Devon and Cornwall
Job ID: 16245
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 27 April 2021
Senior Managing Engineer
Hours of work
40hrs per week 0830 - 1700, Overtime hours as required and out of hours standby Rota
Devon & Cornwall
The purpose of the role is to…
Carry out refrigeration, reactive & proactive works to ensure the area you are allocated to operates effectively
What you’ll be doing…
- Service and Maintenance of commercial and Industrial refrigeration plant and equipment.
- Carrying out pre-planned maintenance tasks to a high standard.
- To pre-diagnose faults
- Follow maintenance programmes to meet client and company requirement to ensure trouble free operation of all refrigeration equipment.
- Assist to achieve efficient solutions to problematic issues.
- Effective use of Parts, including delivery / collection/returns.
- Updating service records and timekeeping information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Updating client reporting systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Other related tasks required by Space Engineering Services in order to ensure the area operates effectively.
- Carry out site/plant surveys when requested or required.
- Ensure you are completing and returning all required paperwork electronic logging on time.
- Assist and support supervisor with arrangements to cover absences.
- Keep customer/SME/office informed of potential issues, and possible actions required to resolve.
- Ensure all client/company logging requirements are completed by yourself e.g. ATAS, completion notes, maintenance reports etc.
- Be part of an out of hours stand-by rota to give our customers 24/7 support
- Work closely with our Projects team, carrying out installation of new equipment
What success looks like…
- Building strong working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- A fundamental member of a multi-discipline team, who deliver safe reactive and proactive maintenance to a very high standard on a number of contracts.
- Working with your line manager to achieve the contract goals and KPI’s.
- Working with your team to ensure that all members of the team deliver to the highest standard possible
- Positive working relationships with stakeholders, keeping the client updated on the progress of the work and the likely repair times
- Working in line with our H&S standards and processes
- Meeting H&S and Quality targets
- Working in line with other business standards, policies and procedures, including People & Development, Fleet, Stock etc.
- Accurate use of IT systems, both for Space Engineering and customers as required, ensuring timely, relevant and accurate information is available
- Positive driving habits, as captured and required through our Fleet Management Tools
We’d love to meet someone with…
- An excellent attitude and approach to work.
- A highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic approach to work.
- The ability to be approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills. Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- The relevant technical skills and knowledge required in refrigeration.
- F-Gas 2079 Category 1
- Relevant experience in the refrigeration industry at the grade of engineer.
- The ability to understand and consistently complete work from SOP’s (standard operating procedures).
- CO2 experience
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary, and all of our employees 22 days holiday, rising incrementally to 25, plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover of 2x salary, Employee Assistance Programme, Discount scheme including Gyms, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Who are we?
Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce and are opposed to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
< Back to Jobs