Salary: Depending on Experience
Job Location: East - South East
Job Type: Permanent
Site Services Manager
Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We offer all our employees 30 days holiday. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover – 2x salary, Childcare Vouchers, Discount scheme – including Gyms, Employee Assistance Programme, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
National Installations Manager
Hours of Work:
40 Hours p/w Mon-Fri
East - South East
A Company vehicle will be allocated as appropriate to the role.
Main Purpose and Scope of the job
As the Site Services Manager working closely with the Project Manager you will provide focused site management to several projects enabling the smooth operational delivery of customer projects to specification.
- Carry out full detailed dilapidation and site surveys to enable the Project Manager or engineering team to produce the project design, engineering and project cost requirements
- Collates all requisitions of first and second fix materials
- Witness and oversee strength and pressure testing/evacuation. Sign off with customer representative
- Ensure all sub-contractors and directly employed labour deliver site installations in line with agreed specification and scope of works
- Captures project variations, obtain sign off for site inductions and forward to nominated project managers
- Ensure the installation is carried out in accordance with the project scope of works agreed budget, programme and within budget
- Identify opportunities to improve delivery of services and where possible exceed expected profit margin
- Order and monitor material usage and spend on site and manage site clearance
- Liaise with Senior site manager, engineering team and operations team to determine project requirements and assist with writing the programme
- Management of sub-contractors
- Assist the maintenance provider with the supporting of the post project completion
- Previous experience of refrigeration site installation and dilapidation reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work closely to agreed process to ensure efficient delivery of project
- Construction skills certificate scheme card
- First aid at work
- Risk assessment trained
- NVQ level 2 or above in refrigeration or similar discipline
- Health and Safety awareness
- Manual handling
- Asbestos awareness
- Working at height and ladder safety
- Co2 handling and awareness
- Health and Safety: Ensures that the delivery teams operate always in accordance with current Health, Safety & Environmental legislation, Ensuring the delivery of engineering toolbox talks, competency checks, Regular engineering H&S/quality assurance site audits, Ensure team completion of engineering E Learning modules.
- Management Responsibility: As Site Services Manager you will look to maximize opportunities,
- Operational Delivery: Proactively manages the engineering teams, administration and all site functions to meet the contract SLA’s / KPI’s and objectives of the client and our business. Ensures that the delivery teams always operate in accordance with current Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Managing Quality: Responsible for the quality of contract works by ensuring all practices and participants conform to agreed standards and processes.
- People Management: Manages the on-site operational team and constantly improves the quality, performance and inter-working of the business.
- Engineering responsibilities and duties: Monitoring and interaction with all key client and in-house systems, acting as first point of contact to ensure that best practice, value for money, professional integrity and compliance
- Excellent attitude and approach to work.
- Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Controlling quality and standards
We are always looking for committed, innovative and talented individuals to join our team.
If you are interested in this role, please apply through our website
Space Engineering is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and declares its opposition to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.
< Back to Jobs