20 Nov 2023
This week, Space Engineering are taking part in Road Safety Week.
Road Safety Week is an annual campaign, organised by Brake, the road safety charity. Every year, thousands of communities, schools and companies get involved to shout out for road safety where they live and work.
Every year we see a totally unacceptable number of people killed and seriously injured on our roads. In 2022, 1695 people died and a further 29,795 were seriously injured on roads in Britain.* This has to stop. Road crashes are devastating events for the families involved. They hit at the heart of communities and send shock waves across our schools, and the places we live and work.
• Five people die on UK roads every day
• Every day, six children are killed or seriously injured on UK roads
• Every year, more than 1500 people are killed on UK roads and more than 25,000 people suffer serious injuries
• Road crashes are devastating events for families, friends and communities.
• Road Safety Week gives us all the opportunity to remember people killed or injured on UK roads, and raise funds to help Brake care for road victims and campaign for safe roads for all.
The theme for Road Safety Week 2023 is Let’s talk about SPEED.
• Five people die on UK roads every day.
• 1 in 4 fatal crashes involve someone driving too fast.
Brake want to start a national conversation to challenge why so many of us still think it’s ok to speed, and talk about solutions that we know can make roads safer for everyone.
We’d love to hear from you. Please enter your details in the form below and we will get back to you.
We take your privacy seriously. We will keep your data safe and we won’t pass it on to any third parties.